Monday, September 21, 2009

another day in the life a stay at home mom

Sigh these are the days, the babies are sleeping, there's peanut butter in my hair, and I've had two drinks so far this evening. Life is good. I think about a day at the beach a few days ago, I was so excited to show my son the beach for the first time, I brought him to the door of our beachfront hotel just as the sun rose sure that he'd be in awe at the sight of this picturesque scene. In fact, he never saw the beach or the ocean, he couldn't have cared less. He was so fascinated by the screen door his sight never went past it.Funny that as adults we seem only to be amused by flashy and beautiful things and not just the simple ones. My son taught me a lesson that day, it doesn't matter that we should be amazed at something because its beautiful, what's important is that we never lose the ability to find beauty in things which are ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment