Monday, September 21, 2009

Mr.Right

This is a page of random thoughts , so that if I ever get off my butt and try to put them together in some sort of working order, I’ll at least has a starting point.
I am considering a article in which I will explain in plain and simple terms my own thoughts for creating a happy relationship. I know that many Will not agree with me and some feminists will think I’ve just sent them back fifty years, but I feel the need to say whats on my mind, listen if you like, or if not, pass my thoughts on to someone else. Let me start at the beginning, I am a 27 year old woman, (I know I know, what the hell do I know about marriage and relationships right?) Well, before you judge me, hear me out. First a little family history, my grandmother, was engaged to a man in the early forties, until the day she came across a picture of a man that she knew in her heart was the one she was supposed to marry, keep in mind this was a total stranger, and yet she felt so strongly about it that she actually broke her engagement that day. I know crazy right? But she felt she couldn’t marry anyone when she had these types of feelings, (I mean give her some credit, most women would have brushed these feelings off as cold feet, but I digress) anyway, as fate would have it, about a week later, she happened to be at a party where the man in the photograph would be in attendance, and get this, he totally brushed her off!!! That day that is, less then a week later she mustered up the courage to ask him for a date, and that was that, they fell madly in love and got married later that year and stayed married until his death in 2002. I know what you're thinking, big deal right? Well then there’s my mother, who was working as a waitress and a customer walked through the door, my mother took one look at that man and said out loud to the person standing next to her that she would marry that man during the second week of may, she said this in October, their wedding anniversary is may 14th, this year will be their 32nd. And then there's me, I didn’t have quite the all seeing eye as the rest of the women in my family seemed to have been blessed with, I apparently had the opposite, or so I thought, you see I dated every type of loser, The abusive loser, the drinker loser, the says "I love you after a week" loser, the hippie pot smoker work is for chumps loser, & . Oh man don’t you hate this guy… the loser loser this is the guy that will never amount to anything, but feels the need to tell you over and over that you’ll never do any better than his stinking ass!Ladies I’m here to tell you that he is so wrong, and so in your past and over with that he should just be a sad pathetic afterthought while you are basking in the beauty of your new found freedom. I know this is easier said than done, but wait my story gets better, After a recent breakup up with a troll, who can only be described as a combination of loser loser, abusive loser, and drinker loser, I was hell bent on becoming a lesbian nun, I was done with boys but not quite willing to switch sides just yet. So of course this would be when I would meet My Mr. Right (this is what I’ll refer to my husband as for the remainder of this story) Only I refused to look at him that way, even though we were going on dates all the time, I would still right myself notes, Don’t get attached" and leave them on my desk at work. Well this worked for a few weeks until, I knew I was completely in love with this man, :note I said man, not loser. I came home from our tenth date and told my roommate to write her maid of honor speech, we came home from our honeymoon on the day of our two year anniversary of dating. Stay with me if you can bare it, if you cant you probably aren’t ready for the commitment of marriage and should probably not read any further.I know I'm still a fledgling when it comes to this whole marriage scene but I've had great role models, I know what works, Period. the secret to a happy marriage depends on how willing people are to know themselves and each other before making the decision to walk down the aisle.
First things first, I want all of you to take your idea of the perfect physical man or woman into your mind, have you got it, now, add fifteen pounds, a weird scar or mole somewhere, a loud snore and bad gas if they eat too many vegetables. This is probably as close to perfect as you will get.Let’s face it, people aren’t perfect, I'm not, Mr. Right is not, and dare I say it, you're not either, no matter how many times you tell the you in the mirror that you are. So right off the bat you’ve got to get the idea of perfection out of your head, think back how many times did you cancel a date or give a fake phone number to some poor schlep that had bad breath or was a little fuller around the midsection that you’d like, Only to accept a date with the hot asshole who treats you like just another piece of meat or like it wouldn’t matter if you were there or not. I know I'm guilty of it. Meanwhile the guy with the bad breath brushes his teeth and sweeps the next lucky lady off her feet and they move to Maui to his mansion, because you didn’t give him a chance to say his job is healing the sick and donating some of his millions to underprivileged kids in 3rd world countries . And loves to ski horseback and every other thing you love. But now you're stuck with hot asshole. OK I know I’m exaggerating big time, but It could happen so first things first, realize that while I'm not saying to go out with every creepy or strange guy that asks you out, nobody’s perfect, not even you. Take it from me, nice guys don’t finish last, they make good husbands.

No comments:

Post a Comment