Thursday, September 24, 2009

These are the days

My daughter fell asleep "reading" a book, I knew that she was sleeping only by the gentle snore I heard from behind its pages. My son is sleeping with a bottle still at his lips, Im wondering if he'll aquire what I've heard of as Milk Tooth? Ava is sleeping belly button out and a tiny pony tail on her head. I am sitting in front of this screen determined to write something prolific or at least mildly entertaining. I've decided to share the dreaded weightlifting story, here goes...
I was 17 years old and a huge dork in my high school, I was barely noticed by anyone except those few I called friend, anyway I was taking some boxing/kickboxing and weight training lessons from a friend after school, and was, for once, in decent shape. I wasnt skinny, but I was strong. I signed up for a weight training class my senior year and by the grace of God, I was one of only two girls in the class along with about fifteen of the most popular boys in the school. I knew when my time came, I'd get the chance to impress them. For once I was gonna be popular maybe even respected! Well one spring day, the other girl in the class was absent, so I thought this is it, now's my chance. I jumped on this one machine that you lay on your back and sort of press the weight with your legs. Now since my legs were my strongest feature, I chose to use a leg lift machine first, you know to make the most of my appearance.... Big Mistake I put the pin into the last hole on the weight rack, meaning I was pressing the whole stack, if memory serves correctly, it was about 230 lbs. I lifted it with ease, and in my head I was thinking, " I am SOOO bitchin! look at all the guys they think I'm so cool. This is awesome" Well I laid there for the remainder of the class on this one machine just prove what great shape I was in. Oh by the way you're sort of spread eagle on this machine because one leg presses the weight at a time, having said that, with every passing minute I was sure I was securing my spot with the cool kids. I was gonna be one of them. I just knew it I could tell by the looks on their faces that they were shocked, they all kept staring at me mouths open in awe. "Woo-Hoo, this is it" I thought.... Then the bell rang and I went to the locker room to change for my next class and wouldnt you know it, to my ABSOLUTE HORROR & DISGUST I got my eff-ing period which was painstakingly obvious by the bright red bullseye on the crotch of my bright yellow eff-ing gym shorts! The room started to spin as I pondered the fact that every cool boy in the school just watched me leg press two hundred pounds for forty five minutes with a freaking bloody bullseye on my shorts! I dropped the class and signed up for work release the next day so I only went to school until 10 am for the remainder of the year. To this day, I can't tell the story without my stomach feeling all jittery. sigh.... Moral of the story, don't think that because you know in your heart that you are in fact very cool, that anyone else is going to agree with you. Don't worry I still think you're the coolest! xoxo~J

1 comment:

  1. love, love, love your blog! makes me laugh every time!
    your #1 fan

    ReplyDelete